I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted, but in my defence, life has been pretty hectic.
So, what have I been up to?
1. Had a weekend in Brighton for HP's birthday:
This was the weekend that high winds and storms hit, so that was added fun!
Don't even think about it seagulls!!!
2. Met the in-laws in Norwich when they were visiting from the Wirral:
I really liked Norwich and the shopping is so much better than Cambridge (my budget doesn't extend to the designer stores in Cambridge!)
3. Attended a masked ball for my best girl's birthday - the gorgeous Lady Char-Char:
She looked absolutely beautiful and a great night was had by all!
Some of us gals getting ready at Lady Char-Char's.
I did wear more appropriate shoes for the party, but it was more comfortable walking to the venue in baseball boots!
4. Spent a fab Christmas with the folks in Devon (despite the occasional dreadful storm):
Don't know what my Dad was doing with the camera here!
I loved these giant snowmen on a balcony in Budleigh Salterton
Dad always does a treasure hunt game after dinner where you have to find various clues before you get your main prize. This year, the clues were hidden in handmade penguins (made from Actimel bottles!)
More of my Dad's origami.......
Some lovely walks. You'd never guess that Devon had some really had storms looking at these photos
|Frost in Bicton Park|
This little robin was so happy to pose for a piccie!
5. Left my job - hallelujah! I really hated that job and life is just too short. But, I've not been sitting idle.....a friend of mine is opening a shop where she will be selling arts and crafts from different designers and she has asked me to sell my jewellery in her shop! It's only a few weeks off opening now, so I'm going in next week to help her with some cleaning, setting things up, etc. I don't know how successful I will be, but it's sure going to be fun finding out. I'll probably need to get a 'proper' part-time job in a few months to ensure regular income, but the creative side is something I've wanted to do for ages, so I'm so excited to have this opportunity. Pics of the shop will follow once it's up and running....
Photos of some of my range will follow in another blog soon. Till then, I hope 2014 is treating you all well.