Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 26 March 2013

All good girls go to Devon

Which is exactly where I went a couple of weeks ago for a few days.  I hadn't had any proper time off work since September and felt in need of some recuperation time, so what better place to go than Exmouth to see the folks.  Sadly, HP couldn't make it this time, but at least that gave me and my Mum some quality time in the charity shops boutiques.  And Devon is fantastic for 'boutique' shopping, but that's for another blog (because I haven't taken photos of those purchases yet!)



The weather was a bit of a mixed bag.  We went to Sidmouth on the Saturday and the sea was really rough that day.  I nearly got drenched getting some photos!



Even this seagull was a bit dubious about getting too close!





Poor Dad got dragged around a few of the shops here.  I saw a brilliantly named shop, which I thought pretty much summed me up.....


This little seaside resort went all out with window displays:

How cute is this!
The weather was pretty good on the Sunday, so we nipped down to the seafront for a disgustingly huge ice cream.  I didn't get any pics of me with a double cone ice cream, because that really isn't a pretty sight, but seeing the sun out was really nice!


A much calmer sea

The flooded car park shows how bad the weather has been!
On the Monday, it was off to Budleigh Salterton, the favoured resort for honeymooners back in the day.  Had an amazing and leisurely lunch at a lovely little pub and a stroll along yet another beach front - well, you have to when you're at the seaside, don't you?!
















Before I knew it, the days had whizzed by and I was on my way back to Cambridgeshire.  Still, I had a lovely few days and was able to recharge my batteries (even if I did get ill with a bad cold and cough - grrrrr!!!!)

Thanks Mum and Dad for spoiling me rotten.  Missing you both already!

I'll leave you with a piccie of this fabulous sign in my parents' porch, which, yes, my incredibly talented Dad made.  The only things he didn't make were the shells.  I also have some photos of his most recent origami creations, which I will post about very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment