I've been mega busy making stock for my friend's shop, which will be opening in the next few weeks.
Thought I would share a simple tutorial with you on how to make a macrame and leather bead bracelet.
You will need:
- 1 button (I think mine is 15mm)
- 4mm beads (I used approx 40, but you will need more or less depending on the size of your wrist)
- 80cm of 1.5mm leather in a colour of your choice
- 1.5 metres of 1mm nylon cord in a colour of your choice
- Craft glue (mine is G-S Hypo Cement)
- Fray Check or clear nail varnish
- Clipboard and two bulldog clips
Clip the leather in place (with button facing down) as shown below.
|Sorry - this photo is on its side!|
Put the knotting cord underneath the leather, close to the button, ensuring that there are equal lengths of knotting cord on either side of the leather.
Now, you begin the macrame knots. Starting with the left hand side of the nylon cord, make a loop across the leather as shown below. Place the right side of the nylon cord on top of the left side cord.
You are now ready to add the beads. Thread one 4mm bead onto each side of the knotting cord and make one full macrame knot. Ensure that you pull the knots tight so that the beads are held securely in place.
You can use cube beads or round beads for this project.