Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 10 April 2012

I'm back

Well, I didn't plan to be away from my blog for this long, but I've been feeling so fed up recently that I just haven't got round to very much.  Certain things at work have really been grinding me down - thank goodness I have a fantastic and supportive boss.  So, I haven't really got much crafting done over the last few weeks.  Been reading about it a lot though:
Got some great projects and ideas that I want to try, but not until I've finished all my WIPs!

Still, the 4-day break over the Easter did me some good and I was able to get a few things done.  I've nearly finished the soaker pants for my niece or nephew (who's due at the end of this month):
 Rather childish I know, but I thought it would appeal to my sister-in-law's sense of humour!

Made a few cloisonne bead bracelets for friends.  I made one for myself a few weeks back and it proved to be a hit; very simple but very pretty:
And made a big chocolate marble Easter cake for HP.  This is what it looked like when it came out of the oven:
I then melted some dark chocolate and added to butter and icing sugar and sandwiched the two halves together, before covering the top and sides with the mixture.  Then I added some mini-eggs (well, it is Easter after all) and then drizzled some melted white chocolate over the top.
 Bon appetit!  It was rather scrummy if I say so myself.
Hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment