Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 5 July 2013

Crafting with ties

I've been seeing so many crafts with ties on Pinterest recently.  There are skirts, waistcoats and necklaces all made from these seemingly conservative accessories and fortunately ties can be found at a reasonable price from charity shops.

So, I picked up a few for my craft stash.  I started with something quick and easy - just a collar.  I'm afraid the picture's a bit naff but I am loving this accessory:


I really want to make a skirt out of ties next.  I mentioned this to my Mum and asked her to keep an eye out for some ties around her local charity shops - she can often be found in said shops looking for bargains, where do you think I get it from?!  She called me the other night to tell me she's collected about 30!  Bless her.  So, I think I'll definitely have enough for a skirt now.  Can't wait to pick them up the next time I see her; sadly my folks live about a 5 hour drive from us :-(

We've got HP's folks visiting this weekend, which will be lovely - even more so now that summer has deigned to make an appearance.  So, it's a lovely meal out tonight and tomorrow evening HP is going to fire up the barby.  Hope you all have a great weekend in the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment