Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 15 July 2013

Surprise trip to Devon

I had last week off work and as my Mum's birthday was approaching, I made a trip down to Devon to surprise her.  She had no idea I was coming (and well done to my Dad who did a sterling job of keeping it a secret - it's not easy to keep things from my Mum, she's like Miss Marple!)  We'd arranged that Dad would take her to a restaurant for lunch and I would be waiting outside.  She was over the moon when she saw me (although it took her a few seconds to register as I was the last person she expected to see!)

Sadly, I could only stay a couple of days, but a lovely two days it was.  Me and Mum hit the charity shops on Tuesday morning and then spent the rest of the day at the beach - aah, bliss!


The seagulls feasting on fish guts - hmm, yum!


There's a little squirrel in the park near the beach, well known to locals, who has sadly lost its tail.  It doesn't seem to worry it though and it often gets hand fed by all the old dears - not a bad life!

I'm still practicing with my (quite) new camera and was chuffed to get a good photo of this ickle squizza with my fab zoom lens.  I also took some flower pics of my folks' garden and more of my Dad's origami, but more on that another time. 

A belated birthday greeting to my wonderful Mum for yesterday - it was great to spend a couple of days with you and Dad and I'm glad you liked all your pressies (she got a few handmade pieces of jewellery).


Enjoy the sunshine, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment