Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 8 June 2014

A skirt out of ties

I've finally finished my tie skirt!  It's been nearly a year in the making, mostly because I put it to one side and forgot about it!!

I am not the world's best sewer by any stretch of the imagination, so I did find some aspects of this project a bit challenging, so finishing it called for a huge amount of smugness on my part.

I still have loads of ties left; when I told my Mum that I was planning to make this skirt, she kindly bought ties wherever she saw them in her local charity shops and they were really cheap in Devon - they were three times the price in Cambridge charity shops!  So, I'll probably make another skirt, but this time a bit longer.  Shouldn't take me as long now that I've grasped the basic principle of the thing.



Another reason for being a bit smug with the finish of this project (and ultimately the resulting photo) is that I would never have made an above the knee skirt a few months ago.   Through a huge change in diet, copious amounts of exercise and with the power of juice (thank you Jason Vale - you are a god!), I have recently lost 18 lbs!  Woo-hoo!  I must do a post on juicing and how I made huge body changes because of it - that will follow soon, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment