Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Bits and bobs

We're nearly out of January - yay!  I must admit it's my least favourite month.  Everyone's depressed after the Christmas break and it's cold, wet and dark.  Still, it's February tomorrow and that means a step closer to spring!

My friend, Char, and me went for a walk yesterday with our cameras as we have quite pretty surroundings where we work.  We managed to get some pics of snowdrops and there are even some daffs about.







I haven't got too far with any crafts recently.  I made a bracelet for a friend's neice at the weekend:



I had a go at making my first pair of stud earrings.  I found a great YouTube video for this and they were amazingly easy to make, so do check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rmsU5ARhY

Sadly, my photo hasn't come out too well.  Basically you thread some 20 gauge wire through a pearl or bead of your choice and wrap the wire round to create this great effect.  When you have about 3/4 inch of wire left, use your pliers to make a right-angle.  Then all you need is a butterfly back and they're ready to wear.  They only took me about 10 minutes to make, so these are perfect for quick and easy gifts!  I only had some black wire so I need to purchase some other colours.

I've also been making some more cupcakes as it's been nearly a month since I donned the apron and got out the electric whisk and I was getting baking withdrawal symptoms:

As I didn't have much time, these are just very basic vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing.  I made these for a special occasion at work.

I'm also trying to make some time to read some books I got for Christmas.

I'm currently dipping in and out of "Queen of Crafts" by
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Queen-Crafts-Knitting-Preserving-Gardening/dp/1905490755/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327997811&sr=8-1

I love her style of writing and her ideas for inspiration.  I've already tried one of her chutney recipes and it was delicious!

I've also been wanting to write a book for as long as I can remember and haven't got very far with it, so I'm also reading "How to Write Your First Novel" by Sophie King in the hope that will kick me up the butt a bit and get me motivated and give me some good tips.  I really have to learn to plan my time better.  That should be my resolution for 2012.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Enjoy the last day of January!











No comments:

Post a Comment