Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Back in the land of Blog

Well, I've been away much longer than I intended.  I've been off work ill for some weeks, not helped by the stress of having to work with some highly unpleasant colleagues.  A new job is most definitely called for!  I'll keep you posted on that one.

There's been a lot happening since my last post.


I went to Brussels to visit the European Commission for work, a trip I always enjoy because it means a Eurostar trip and in first class!


For those of you who have not been lucky enough to travel in Eurostar's business class section, I can thoroughly recommend it.  You get totally spoilt and you get a scrummy meal.

This meal picture was taken on my return trip when I came back in the evening, hence the cheeky little bottle of wine - well, it is all free!

I arrived in the afternoon on a quite pleasant but rather windy day (until the heavens opened in the early evening and we had shocking thunder and huge hail stones!).  However, at the time of my arrival, it was perfect for a nice stroll around Brussels.  I visited Grand Place,


which is home to my favourite chocolate shop in Belgium:

 
Of course, all that choccy has gone now :( but it was yummy!

Had a lovely meal out that evening with a colleague at a little bar.  I had some pork and pasta dish and it was to die for.

















 J ordered a beer with his meal and we were rather impressed when it arrived.  This is what is so awesome about other European countries - you'd never get this in the UK!



















I often find I get rather bored when I'm back in my hotel room though, especially on those occasions that I don't take HP with me.  The view from my hotel was uninspiring to say the least!
Yuck!

but naturally I had some knitting with me!
I managed to almost finish this scarf during this trip.  I've made it really long, not quite Tom Baker's Dr Who scarf, but not far off!  I just need to add the tassles and it's done.

Before I forget, the play, "Summer End" went off without a hitch and was enjoyed by nearly 250 people over 4 nights.  Not bad for a village amateur production.  It was great fun and brilliant to work with some lovely and talented people.  The only downside is that there are now some very embarrassing piccies of me and other cast members for all to see on the internet! ;) And no, I'm not including the link to these pictures!

I have also managed to complete a lot of projects in my time off as there was little else for me to do but knit, but I shall post some pictures on that in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment