Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 24 January 2013

Shamballa-style bracelets

In between skidding on black ice, rescuing a friend who's car conked out and needed a jump start and generally spending most of my days defrosting after waiting endlessly for buses, I managed to fit in another jewellery making class at The Beaderie , run by the fabulous Sally.

This class was how to make a macrame shamballa-style bracelet.  This style is bang on trend right now, so I was really keen to do this class.

We made two different types in 2 hours - they're quite quick to make, believe it or not.

We made a thin bracelet which incorporated two knots between each bead:

I went for blue/green colours with a a light turquoise cord


The finished article!

The knots look really complicated, yet they're so simple to do







 We then made a chunkier version, which is the type that you see in the shop:
Look what I made, Mum!





I was really pleased with them and plan to make a few more.
And to my friends with forthcoming birthdays, you really shouldn't have read this post.......you've probably just ruined your birthday surprise!

Modelling my new makes!
If you want to try these yourself, there are loads of great videos on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment