Suze H

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Spicy Plum Chutney

I spent a few hours slaving away over a hot stove yesterday evening, making some spicy plum chutney.  One of our neighbours very kindly gave us about 3lb of plums from his tree.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out - I don't always get the setting quite right.

Ignore all the weird writing and markings on the wall behind this photo - we're redecorating the kitchen, so there are markings all over the walls where tiles used to be!


Now, we've just got to be patient and wait for this chutney to mature.  I did have a sneaky taste and I think it's going to be a good 'un.  You get a really nice fruity flavour before the chilli bursts on your tongue - yum!

I got this recipe out of 'Traditional Jams and Preserves' by Eve Parker.  I could only find a Kindle version on Amazon, but I found this book in a garden centre.

On a different note, I'm feeling much more positive about stuff after my 'What to do....?' blog last week.  I've sorted things out at work and now me and the other woman understand each other better, I think that will help.  I had some great friends and family to give me some good advice and thanks to Pearly Queen for her words of wisdom too.


I will get HP to take some photos of my maxi skirts this evening, so hopefully I can post some pics soon.  Happy Wednesday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment